Hello, My Name Is Ben, And I'm A Hack :d

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ben, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Ben

Ben Administrator Staff Member

Hello all,

I figured I'd introduce myself here. I'm Ben, and I really like buying cheap tools :D Just kidding, but actually that's true. I guess more than anything, I like finding something that gives a lot of value relative to price.

I really don't mind paying a lot for something if I use it every day and the quality is outstanding (or the design is very well thought out and unique), but I also have found many things that last a really long time that are priced right. This is the sweet spot of course, and it's what I think a lot of people look for. I think a lot of stores price items as high as possible, while still being cheap enough for you to say "OK" (but also being cheap enough to not be incredibly well-built). I respect HF for pricing cheap stuff where it should be priced, and that's one of the reasons I give them my business.

As for the "hack" part, I am a tinker at heart and love taking something meant to do one thing do something else. I also love seeing the ingenuity of other people in general.

Anyway, other than that, I have a beautiful wife (married 15 years this coming December), and two beautiful daughters who all keep me very busy... :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!