Review Braun Slim Bar Rechargeable Led Light

Discussion in 'Power Tools' started by Okuma, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Okuma

Okuma Administrator Staff Member

Item #: 63958
    Item Name: Braun Slim Bar Rechargeable LED Light
    Price: $19.99 on sale ($29.99 regular price)

This light is pretty cool. I bought this back in January but just now opened it up and checked it out. The light bar portion swivels 180 degrees and is very bright, I blinded myself when checking to see if the battery was charged or not. :D

It has two brightness settings for the light bar, and then a small LED flashlight in the tip of the bar for some reason. There is only one button on the light, each press will cycle to the next function (Bright light bar, Dim light bar, Tip Flashlight, and then off) The flashlight tip is kinda cool, I guess it could be useful if you had a very tight space that you needed to see into, basically just a really flat flashlight. It also has a magnetic base that holds really well, I stuck it to a circular rod of a bookcase and it stayed up without issue.

The charger is just a standard micro USB cable so finding a charger should always be easy. It runs off a lithium battery that is easily removed by unscrewing the base off of the flashlight. I checked and you can get 2 replacement batteries off Amazon for $12.50, so if the battery ever dies you can easily get a new one.

Feels like a very solid addition to my truck tools, I'll let everyone know how it holds up as I use it.

Light Bar:
    IMG_3455.JPG

I tested it in a pretty dark room in my office. Here's a picture of the room with no light on:
    IMG_3462.JPG

With Bright light bar:

IMG_3461.JPG

Picture of it hanging from a bookshelf:

IMG_3458.JPG

2. Ben

Ben Administrator Staff Member

Nice! I'd think that thin blade could fit behind stuff easily. I know I get annoyed with that sometimes.

3. countryboyco99

countryboyco99 Member

Wow makes that room look like the sun is shinning in! Curious to see how it holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Okuma

Okuma Administrator Staff Member

Update - This is the best flashlight I've ever owned. Anytime I show it to someone they ask where I got it. The only drawback I've found is the battery doesn't last quite as long as I'd like but it's still pretty good, just keep a micro usb charger in the truck and top it off every once in a while.

Ben likes this.
  5. rbstern

rbstern Administrator Staff Member

Ugh. Now I have to buy one. :)

6. Savin

Savin New Member

I have two of these at work, it's been about 6 months now. Both flash lights are not as advertised. The batteries only last 3 hrs at most. And now they won't stay on. If you bump them they turn off and will not turn back on.
    Not impressed.